Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cheddar Bay Biscuits

I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not much of a seafood fan.  I so wish I was, because lets be honest, it can be really healthy and good for you!  One of my New Years Resolutions though was to try new things this year and cooking Seafood is definitely one of them!  So, needless to say, you should be seeing some seafood dishes hopefully in the near future.  (if you all have any recommendations on what type of fish is your favorite and how to cook it, I will definitley take anything you've got!)

Anyways, so the reason I even babbled about all that seafood jibberish is because I LOVE Red Lobsters Cheddar Bay Biscuits.  I don't eat there very often because of my fish disliking, but I crave these biscuits on a regular basis.  They are so full of flavor and they can be paired with so many different meals.  These biscuits are so simple to put together that I'm sure you will find yourselves whipping these up more often that you think :)


Recipe:
2-1/2 cups Bisquick
4 Tbsp. cold butter
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
3/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

For the Butter Topping:
3 Tbsp. Butter (melted)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried parsley flakes
pinch of salt

Preheat your oven to *400.  In a large bowl, using a pastry blender (or a fork) cut the butter into the bisquick till the mixture becomes crumbly.  Using your hands mix in the cheese, milk, and garlic powder till well incorporated but DO NOT overmix. 

Drop spoonfuls of batter about 1/4 cup in size onto a parchement or silicone lined baking sheet.  Bake for 13-17 minutes until lightly browned on top.

Right before the biscuits are done baking, melt your butter, then combine all the seasonings into the butter.  Right when the biscuits are done, brush a generous amount of the garlic butter over the top of each biscuit.   Makes a dozen biscuits.  Enjoy!

Recipe Source: Top Secret Recipes


10 comments:

  1. I LOVE these biscuits! They are SO good and easy to whip up - they really do go with just about anything too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your blog and,,,, I've just awarded you with something special on my recipe blog at http://www.recipesfordivineliving.blogspot.com. Stop by and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so good! I just made some of them last weekend! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot think of anything more comforting and delicious than these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheesey biscuits - how delicious - these are right up my alley!
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ♥ these rolls. Yours look so fluffy and delicious. Amazing pics of them too girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love biscuits...truly do! These look so fluffy, I want one now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a few things in common. I LOVE Red Lobster's biscuits and can't handle fish (or seafood). I also want to like it because of the health benefits. I'd love to go crazy over shrimp or lobster, and every time my husband gets something that dwells in the water I give it a try hoping that love will kick in. As it is I don't see how people want to spend money on the stuff. Good luck.

    I'm going to have to try some recipes from your blog. Mmmm, looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are the most gorgeous, tasty looking things ever! I'm wondering if I can fit a whole one in at one go! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I asked my cousin who is a cook to make these biscuits! Oh my god , they were very tasty.... I love food with cheddar cheese. Totally recommended!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...