Monday, January 30, 2012

Wingers Sticky Fingers

For all of you who don't know what Winger's is, well it's a lovely little diner in Utah, Idaho, and a couple other states and they are know for their spicy wings and "sticky fingers".  Their sticky fingers are delicious chicken fingers drenched in their Famous sauce (aka Freakin Amazing Sauce).  This sauce really does live up to its name of being Freakin Amazing!

I wanted to share my version of these delectable little bites with you because I think these would be a great appetizer or dish to share with friends for the upcoming super bowl.  I made homemade chicken fingers which were super easy and very affordable, but if your in a time crunch you can always use breaded frozen chicken tenders also.

Recipe:
For the Chicken Tenders:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cups panko bread crumbs
season salt
1/2 cup flour
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
salt & pepper

For the Sauce:
3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce (HAS to be Franks!)
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. Honey

Preheat your oven to *350.  Line a baking sheet with lightly greased foil.

Trim the chicken of any fat.  Slice the chicken widthwise into 6-8 strips.  In 3 seperate bowls, combine the flour and a little salt in the 1st bowl, whisk together egg and milk in the 2nd, and combine the panko bread crumbs and seasoning in the 3rd.  Take each strip and dip into the flour, then egg wash, then dredge in the bread crumbs. Repeat with each strip.

Bake the strips for 25-30 minutes.  While the chicken is baking combine all the ingredients for the sauce together and set aside. 

As soon as the chicken is done baking, pour sauce over each chicken tender till they are completely covered with sauce.  Serve with a side of celery and extra sauce for dipping.

*We like to combine some of the Freaking Amazing Sauce with some Ranch and you've got yourself some Creamy Freaking Amazing Sauce, which Seriously is AMAZING!!!


Recipe Source: Me

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with these! I love me some sticky fingers. Im definitely trying your version soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THESE! too cute and perfect bitesized snack that sound "Freaking Amazing"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Wingers!! I'm 300 miles away from the one I love, so I guess oh darn - I'll have to make them at home… :) ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE Wingers!
    I just buy the Wingers sauce from the store and use it at home. We make sandwiches, the grilled chicken salad, and now after seeing this we'll be making the sticky fingers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...