Friday, February 18, 2011

Easy Street Chicken Tacos

Really these tacos were so easy and quick to put together and mighty tasty too if I must say. I could've done more with them but I used everything that I had on hand and they were just as delicious if I would've had a tomato and avocado too. Happy Friday! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Recipe:
1 lb. Chicken Breasts (diced small)
1 package of McCormick Chicken Taco Seasoning
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. olive oil (for cooking the chicken in)
1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped)
1/2 of a small Onion (chopped)
6-8 Corn Tortillas
1 Tomato (optional, I didn't have one)
1 Avocado (also optional didn't have one at the time)
Salsa for topping

Dice the chicken into small cubes. Heat 1Tbsp of Olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the chicken till no longer pink (about 4-6 minutes) When the chicken looks done add in the seasoning and 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer (about 5-7 minutes) stirring occasionally. Heat tortillas in the microwave around 30-45 seconds. Place about 2-3 spoonfuls of chicken inside tortilla and top with toppings of your choice! Serve with a side of rice and beans or chips and salsa. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Mur!!! I love the new blog and will be visiting often! You three owe us a visit up here! I love love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love me some tex mex! throw in a big ole margarita and this would be my perfect dish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...